The ScienceAndSpace staff mission statement is to provide thorough daily coverage of the full sweep of science, technology, and medicine news. Sci-tech readers will find coverage of relevant and interesting current events. We strive to bring our readers a large assortment of stories, catering to scientists, researchers, engineers, academia, tech geeks, students, and graduates alike. With a highly educated and sophisticated readership and target audience, ScienceAndSpace stories go beyond mere catchy jargon. We find out the who, the what, the where, the how, and the why of a story—and the why not. Our job is to find the interesting science and technology stories, uncover the details, and give our readers their daily dose of news at a single source.
ScienceAndSpace is wholly owned by SAS Omicron Limited, headquartered in 8th Avenue, Suite 2700 Seattle, WA, USA. The website was founded in March 2020 by two PhD students motivated by the void in hard science news designed for informed and educated readers. The initial idea behind ScienceAndSpace was to cover physics, nanotechnology, and engineering news. While maintaining this focus, ScienceAndSpace has expanded its coverage to other relevant science and technology fields. ScienceAndSpace has thus filled the void and created a unique niche in science and technology daily news reporting. After its launch, the site immediately soared in popularity on the web. Today, ScienceAndSpace is an extensive sci-tech news portal for all major research disciplines.
- ScienceAndSpace offers the fastest news delivery to readers. We typically publish news 1-2 days before other news services.
- All news stories are hand-processed and curated by qualified editors, obviating the problems of feed or bot aggregation. This ensures that high-quality, targeted sci-tech news stories are published on ScienceAndSpace.
- The ScienceAndSpace editorial board operates in the public interest and is independent in relation to political, religious, economic, public and private special interests. ScienceAndSpace receives no funding from any third-party agency or organization, and is fully supported by advertising, which is distinctly marked. ScienceAndSpace is partially funded by reader voluntary donations in return for an ad-free experience.
- ScienceAndSpace utilizes advanced programming technology to present news in clear and unambiguous classifications to create intuitive category and sub-category designations. Readers are able to identify news topics easily.
- A personal ScienceAndSpace account opens up a host of useful features. Account holders can subscribe to our daily newsletter, track site activity, save favorite articles to bookmarks, set up their own homepage news filters, view new stories since their last visit, instant message other users, and more.
- The unique ‘Live-rank’ feature was specifically developed by the ScienceAndSpace team to handle vast amounts of daily news. Live-rank combines artificial intelligence (AI) algorithms that determine the popularity of a story among readers, editor ranking, time relevancy, and other factors. Live-rank shows the best up-to-the-minute stories because it combines two factors: Recency and reader appeal. In practice, AI Live-rank displays the most recent interesting stories in real time.
ScienceAndSpace stories originate from diverse information sources:
- ScienceAndSpace exclusive feature stories written by staff authors.
- Editor-selected, licensed sci-tech news from all major news agencies.
- Editor-selected news articles and press releases submitted by worldwide partnering universities and research and development centers.
- Publications in highly ranked, peer-reviewed scientific journals.
At least two of our editors review every article independently to ensure nothing is overlooked. Editors check the format, the style and the content; fact-check the scientific content, ensure headline accuracy (to avoid clickbait, etc.), check the related reference publication, and actively proofread and edit the content to provide the best for our readers. Editors hand-pick the articles from the pool of incoming ScienceAndSpace authors, news agency stories and press releases, and decide if they cover important developments and meet our standards. Editors aim to correct errors and typos promptly.
ScienceAndSpace credibility and transparency is independently confirmed and highly ranked by various journalistic organizations such as NewsGuard, Media Bias/Fact Check, etc.
Read more: Contact us
Read more: Disclaimer